With an aim to establish a successful career, majority of Asian students desire to study abroad. According to the global survey, students with an interest of studying outside their country mainly apply for a Master’s or PhD. This is because of the five major reasons including, their dream to study at a university with a strong international reputation, their willingness to experience life in a completely different culture, their desire to bring improvement to their language skills, to build a strong international professional network and sometimes the benefit of scholarship makes them avail this golden opportunity.
MBA is one of the most sought-after courses that students intend to study outside the country they reside. MBA abroad is a wonderful opportunity for those with a bachelor’s as it makes students gain practical knowledge, an option for permanent residency and better working opportunities. A majority of Indian students choose either Australia or Canada for their MBA abroad program.
In order to decide the best option to pursue MBA students often get confused when it comes to destinations such as Australia or Canada especially when both are equally good. With regards to learning and experiencing, both Australia and Canada are worth. In order to help yourself study abroad, following information be a help. Key points to remember when planning for an MBA in either Australia or Canada.
- Course curriculum – are the course content similar to each other at the universities you have thought about in both countries; as per your area of interest and in line with your long-term career plan?
- Finance – the mode of course and cost living funding (self-funded, sponsored, education loan, etc); repayment options and the schedule for repayment. Which country will pay you well post MBA – your return on investment?
- Your future plans – are you planning to study and settle in the same country? What are the employment options in your home country after MBA if you plan to return to your native place post MBA?
MBA IN AUSTRALIA
Popular universities to apply for MBA:
Monash University: Ranks 60 by QS World University ranking and one of the most preferred universities for business programs in Australia. A completed recognised bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale) required along with 3 years of work experience with at least one year of professional/Managerial experience. Along with MBA, Monash also offers other Master’s programs such as Professional Accounting, Business, Human Resource Management, Marketing etc.
RMIT: Students with no or limited work experience are also eligible to apply here.
Some other popular universities are
- Queensland University of Technology
- Griffith University
- University of Tasmania
- University of New South wales
- University of South Australia and many more
Students going for Post Graduate courses should have:
- 3- 4 years undergraduate degree (minimum 60% bachelors). It is dependent on the University you apply in.
- In case of management courses, you may be required to have yourself prepared for GMAT (university specific).
- English language requirement – IELTS/TOEFL/PTE is required if you speak English as a foreign language.
- Some universities may ask for relevant work experience, ranging from minimum 3 to 4 years depending on the University.
In order to get Australian visa, he/she must apply for Australian Student Visa. An individual will be required to submit the following:
- Firm offer letter from the university and Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) letter stating the entry level, course details, date of admission, etc.
- Academic and financial documents as a proof
- Medical report and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the whole course duration.
Work Permit Post Study & Opportunity for Permanent Residency
In order to work in Australia post study, an individual is eligible to apply for post-study work visa. The process of getting permanent residency in Australia is a quite lengthy but is possible. The background check of the individual takes place.
In accordance with the OECD report, the living condition is Australia is quite simple and peaceful. As asserted by 95% of people studying abroad, they find someone to assist them in times of trouble. In addition, life expectancy is 82 years, i.e. 2 years higher than the average set by OECD. Students who desire to study abroad in Australia can also work part time in accordance with the norms of the university.
MBA IN CANADA
Some popular universities to apply for MBA are;
- Thompson Rivers University, British Columbia
- University Canada West, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Lakehead University
- University of Winnipeg, Manitoba
- University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo, British Columbia
Students who intend to go for Post Graduate management courses should have;
- Prepared themselves for GMAT entrance test (optional as per university requirement).
- 3 years of minimum work experiences (demanded by some universities).
- English language proficiency is a must requirement for both colleges as well as for the purpose of getting Visa, irrespective of the degree. IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores are accepted, however, varies with university requirement criteria. Some universities may demand Canadian Academic English Language Test from the international students.
An individual is required to apply for Canada Study Permit or Student Visa to study in Canada. An individual will be required to submit the following;
- Firm offer letter from the university along with the passport
- Evidence that proves your good financial health
- Compulsory medical test that justifies your good health condition. In case you will be required to undergo a medical examination, Visa officer will inform you.
Students who desire to study abroad in Canada can work part-time at the university campus (following the university norms). Where an individual chooses to work off- campus, he/she can do so for maximum 20hr/week. In housing, individual security, income, jobs and earning, work-life balance, health status and social connections, Canada ranks above the average. According to OECD, 72% of Canadian population is aged between 15 & 64 and work to earn their living.
Work Permit Post Study & Opportunity for Permanent Residency
In order to work in Canada post study, an individual has to make no tough efforts since they are allowed to work, depending on the duration of the course to maximum 3 years. Study abroad in Canada allows the international students to apply for permanent residency visa during the application process of post-graduation work visa. In comparison to other countries, getting permanent residency in Canada is easier than other countries as the country welcomes skilled talents.
Before you decide where you want to pursue an MBA, i.e. Australia or Canada, keep in mind that you have a lot of time. In order to come up with an encouraging decision, get all the necessary details in hand. Make your efforts to get good results and have a good understanding by talking to us.
Image Courtesy: Deakin University, Victoria, Australia & Lakehead University, Canada
What's Your Reaction?